Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School - 2011!!

Finally back to school! As previously disclosed, I cruelly forced all my darlings to go to Providence Hall, a great charter school in our area. Not only does that put all of them on the same schedule for the upcoming year, it also meant we didn't start school until almost SEPTEMBER! WOW...What a great, long summer we've had! (We tried hard not to dwell on the fact that once they go back, they're back. No 3-week "off track" breaks for any of them!)

The down sides: Really there are just two. (1) Leaving friends and (2) Uniforms!

Here they were this morning, uniforms on, lunches packed, and smiles on. We got one picture with Megan looking off into the distance, and one with Sydney's eyes closed. But here they are! (Should have taken it outside...the lighting would have been better!) I don't know about you, but I kinda LIKE the uniforms. I think they look great.





Sydney was SO nervous this morning! She kept telling me how scared she was to go to jr. high today. I'll have to let you all know how Day 1 went! (I asked the other kids if they were nervous...Spencer said, "Excited AND nervous!" and Tory said with a shrug, "Nah. S-just school." Megan just shook her head and grinned...Totally in her element: Making new best friends! She's great at it!)


Michael's first day of Kindergarten is next Tuesday. This week, he's just enjoying his last few days of "Stay-Home-Buddy" time.



I kinda miss them already...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Now they won't have to worry about other kids and
their fasions.

Rhoda said...

It's crazy Michael has to wait a whole week to start...I've never liked that.

Haha, Tory so funny....what a good attitude. Yup, that doesn't surprise me about Meg or Spencer! I know she'll do fine but tell Syd I was thinking about her today....Jr. High--wow!