Monday, October 10, 2011

Pinewood Derby...!

Last week was the Pinewood Derby.  We weren't sure we'd be going, and so we put off the actual making of the car for longer than we should have! Then by the time we decided we could make it, we were sort of scrambling to finish it in time!


I should have taken a picture of his car sitting on a table.  It tricky to see Tory's complex design here.  His is the dark blue car.  Tory's "on paper" design had a nice steep arch between the wheels, and then he wanted it to be skinny through the body.  The tool we had to work with was a hack saw.  This was the best we could do! :D  He cut and sanded, and in the end we thought it turned out pretty cool.

(But don't you just LOVE the Perry the Platypus care next to Tory's car?  Genius.)  


One of Tory's 2nd place races... 


I like this smile...It reminds me of BABY Tory!  (You know, a REAL smile!)  But don't tell him that.  He'll stop doing it!


Looks like first place to me...!


And there's my boy...very proud of his 2nd place standing!  :D  Way to go, bud!  Love you!

(And phew...!  All done for another year...!)

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Well, now I know who to go to when I need to make a car for the P-Derb! Definitely looks like first place to me, too :)

Steph H said...

My brothers could never get the hang of shaping the cars, so theirs were always a box on wheels :) Well done, Tory!