Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gone to the dogs...

I never mentioned this...But we had puppied again. Yes, three little Yorkie puppies...All girls this time. I've said that it's the only way to do dogs. You get to have the cute little puppies and hold them, play with them, (they are starting to walk...that's a fun time!) and then by the time your kids are tired of the "new" dog, they go home to loving happy families. It's a great system.

In other news, it's time to sell my house.

I was watching TV with Lee last night (Master Chef was on...it's his favorite!) while the kids played outside. Spencer came running inside, "Mom! Dad! We found a Tarantula!" We were skeptical, but headed out anyway...and sure enough...*shudder"...nestled in our cucumber plant was a tarantula. My hero chopped it in half with a shovel...and then we looked at it close up. It had fangs and everything.

Oh. My. Gosh. Ew.

5 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Oh, sickkk!!! Thank goodness for men.

Once upon a time, I picked up a spider-looking "creepy crawler" in my brothers' bathroom, only to find out it WASN'T a creepy crawler (when it started walking around on my hand)! Eww! Still makes me shudder.

Kendra said...

I would have peed my pants. No joke.

Tiffany McAlister said...

It was SO not awesome. And if that happens when Lee is at work, I'm pretty sure he'll come home to find it under a bucket or something...I'm not sure I could get close enough to kill it!

Rhoda said...

Wrong...on so many levels. Just like the cub scout that brought the dead snake into my yard yesterday. I told him if he got any close to me I would kick him. Luckily he believed me. I don't care if the snake is dead...I DON'T LIKE IT!

Steph H said...

I'm trying REALLY hard to love all creatures of our God and King, but it is really, really hard for me. I would've run back in the house and locked the door. It's the worst when things are IN your house that you don't expect... like a bird flapping around. Seriously. Happened to me this week. I have to move too.