Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Door Mat...

Lee got a doormat from my mom a while back. It's got this grumpy little British/Alice in Wonderland looking fellow, very serious expression, and the words read:

"Oh Happy Day, Look Who's Here."

Funny enough, right? We like it a lot. I'm trying to convince him to take it to work and put it inside his office door. He won't. He's afraid of offending people?! Whatever.

Today I was cleaning up, and I happened to flip it over to shake it off and noticed the tag on the back. It looks like a regular tag, the kind you'd find on a carpet sample, detailing what the rug is made of, how to care for it, etc. But something caught my eye and by the time I finished reading, I was chuckling. So I decided to share it's tag with you!

"Important things you should know about your new doormat:

Warning: Do not use mat as a projectile. Sudden acceleration to dangerous speeds may cause injury. When using mat, follow directions: Put your right foot in, put your right foot out, put your right foot in and shake it all abut. This mat is not designed to sustain gross weight exceeding 12,000 lbs. If mat begins to smoke, immediately seek shelter and cover head. Caution: If coffee spills on mat, assume that it is very hot. This mat is not intended to be used as a place mat. Small food particles trapped in fibers may attract rodents and other vermin. Do not glue mat to porous surfaces, such as pregnant women, pets, and heavy machinery. When not in use, mat should be kept out of reach of children diagnosed with CFED (Compulsive Fiber Eating Disorder)."

So maybe not super funny...but the line about gluing the mat to pregnant women? Hilarious! The part about the hot coffee? Funny!

Hey...It's my blog...YOU don't have to think it's funny! :D

5 comments:

Rhoda said...

It's the gift that keeps giving (laughs)! It's awesome that you just now read the tag...thanks for sharing! Look I fixed my google account they let me leave a message!

Kelly Jean said...

Haha, love it!! You guys (including your mom) always find the FUNNIEST / coolest things! I think I need a list of places your shop. Or maybe I could just borrow your brain for a day...

Kelly Jean said...

and by "places YOUR shop," I meant "places YOU shop" ....silly Kelly.

Steph H said...

That's hilarious! I love people that have a good sense of humor and for something even as insignificant as the tag on a doormat. I'm so glad you guys didn't cut it off. (and that you took the time to type it up and share it with us here)

Pollyanna said...

I love it! It's like that mattress tag thing (DO NOT REMOVE...)--maybe they're ALL funny, and it's just that no one takes the time to read them!! I wish my brain worked like that--I love it!