Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good News/Bad News...

Last night was pack meeting...We have an amazing Cubmaster, Melinda Mack. She's amazing...she writes original skits for every pack meeting, and always includes any scout winning an award in the skit. It's really cute, and they're so funny! Anyway, last night she held the meeting at her house. Each scout tie-dyed a t-shirt to use as a class B uniform, she built a fire in her fire pit so everyone could make s'mores, and she bought spray paint and sprayed a giant "Twister" game on her lawn. The rows were about twice as long as normal, and then each color repeated again so it was also much wider. It was so fun to watch all the kids playing that I HAD to join in! :D (You could tell other grown ups wanted to play...Because as soon as I did, another 3-4 joined in. So there!) Very fun. (This would be a blast as a YM/YW combined activity, by the way! )

The bad news is...WOW! Am I out of shape. I woke up today and many of my unused "yoga" muscles are a little sore...! Hilarious. Maybe I should see if she'll let me come over and continue my workout for the rest of the month...or at least until she mows the game board off!

I'm loving it...It FINALLY looks like

SuMmEr!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I wish she was in my ward!!!! Sounds awesome! Does she share material?

Anonymous said...

Oh look it let me post a comment now that I said I was anonymous...but it was really me! (Rhoda)

Steph H said...

What a fun idea! I want to spray paint board games on my lawn!