Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fake Thanksgiving...

Last Saturday we made a turkey dinner. I'm using the term "we" very loosely. Really, Lee made a turkey dinner...Complete with homemade apple and pumpkin pie! See, as I mentioned earlier, we have to do our own turkey meal. But this year was different! He whipped up an onion/garlic butter to coat the outside of the bird, he peeled and mashed all the taters, he whipped up a perfect fruit salad, and then still managed to make 3 fabulous pies! (One apple, and two pumpkin, because one pumpkin is just not enough...!)

Lee's parents and little sister came over for the meal. And I was so proud of my very kitchen-savvy spouse! He really loves to cook, and it was fun to see him do it so successfully!

My contribution, incidentally, was Rhodes rolls. I took them out of the freezer, HE cut and arranged them in the muffin pan, and then they went into the laundry room to rise. And rise they did! When I went to get them to put them in the oven, they were like the size of my head!! (Slight exaggeration, but ONLY slight!)

But I guess it was a good dry run...Eventually, the parents will tire of cooking for us, and now we know...We're ready to host when that day comes! :D

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Haha, awesome! It's great being married to chef-savvy men! But I'm sure those humongous rolls were delicious!! Rolls are always my favorite part :)

Rhoda said...

I think we are going to do our Thanksgiving dinner closer to Christmas, that way we have plenty of left-overs through the holidays so I wontt have to cook too much!

Steph H said...

How fun! We made our own Thanksgiving for the first time this year and it was really fun. It's gonna be our new tradition. But yes, we do rhodes rolls a lot too and they're a favorite part.