Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fun with dirt

So I planted a garden yesterday. Well, I guess to be fair I have to say that Lee planted a garden yesterday...with help from our 5 kids, plus an additional 3 that decided to hang out and play in the dirt. I did however put together our new raised garden beds. We planted lots of stuff, but I'm only really excited about the peas. Not that it will matter...really our garden is just there to feed the deer that will want a snack. :D Anyway, I'm in the line at WalMart buying 10 bags of garden soil and a few flowers, like 8-9 different ones, to put in pots in my front yard when a very wise man in line in front of me says, "I think you have too much soil there for those plants". Yes. Yes I do.

And I forgot...I was supposed to give my review of Avatar...It was way better than I expected. And I liked the original "FernGully", so I found the remake refreshing! :D

7 comments:

rthompson said...

If I had known that additional kids could come by and play in dirt...I would have brought over one more. Maybe then we wouldn't have a kite stuck in a tree in the back yard? Sounds like fun!

Rhoda said...

Awesome blog...It looks great! So it looks like you started it a while ago....Shawn did the same thing. He didn't even tell me until about 6 or 7 weeks later. Of course it's going to be a great blog...silly! I look foward to reading it!

Kendra said...

Yeah for you starting a blog! Blogging...it's about time. :)

Tiffany McAlister said...

Yeah...this is me, getting with the times, and all that! :D

Kendra said...

I love your take on Avatar...Chad made me watch it yesterday. It is definitely Ferngully, but that was one of my favorites when I was little. I thought it was a good movie!

Steph H said...

You have a blog?? Hooray!! I'm so happy! I've been waiting for this day. It's been fun to keep up with Shawn and Rhoda and their family through their blog and I've often wondered what's going on with your family. This is great! My blog is private but I can send an invite to your email if you want to read it :)

Steph H said...

Okay, turns out I don't have your email address! So if you want to send me an email (hock.stephanie@gmail.com) then I'll send you an invite. How do I not have your email? Some cousin I am!