Thursday, April 22, 2010

I caught a Troll!!

I've got a great story to share! This story involves a woman who has a 42-year-old down syndrome child who is developmentally an 8-year-old.

The mother is at work at a nail salon. Her son is home during the day, and she goes home to have lunch with him every day. Her son tries to call her 4 or 5 times that morning but each time she is unavailable. He calls again and she is at the desk and answers the phone. Excitedly, he tells his mom, "Mom, Mom...I caught a troll!" She tells him okay, and that she'll see him when she comes home for lunch. Before she can leave the desk he calls her again with the same message, "Mom...I caught a troll!"...and then 2 more times after that!! So she figures something is wrong at home and arranges with her boss to leave to check in with her son. She arrives home to find her son dancing excitedly at the door watching for her. He greets her with the same message: "Mom! I caught a troll!"

Then he opens the door to the closet. Inside is a midget. The "troll" was a Jehovah's Witness who had knocked on the door, and when the son opened the door he grabbed this little man and shoved him in the closet...and then proceeded to hold him there all the time he was trying to get a hold of his mom.

Gosh...I'm STILL laughing!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor troll!

Kelly Jean said...

Tiff!!! I didn't know you started a blog!! Yayyy!! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. It's a beaut. So are you. Love ya!!

(And haha, awesome story.)

Tiffany McAlister said...

That's funny that you found it on accident. I haven't told anyone I was writing one...I wanted to make sure it didn't suck first! :D It'll probably be dull...but I love yours!

Kelly Jean said...

Haha, whatever! Nothing from you could suck! I'm already laughing at your previous posts. Finding yours made my day!!

Steph H said...

I heard this story in my ward!! The lady teaching relief society works with the mother (or maybe her daughter works with the mother? something like that) but it had us laughing so hard!! Poor guy!