Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week in the Woods...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011


This is where our lazy week in the woods begins.  We were really excited, because Rhoda was bringing her kids up on Wednesday and staying with us, and then Shawn would come up Friday night after work.  We spent some time camping in Bear Lake with them a couple of years ago, and it was such a blast! We love that Rhoda was brave enough to join us, with all 4 kids, and without Shawn for two nights!


But I'm getting ahead of myself!  :D  Sydney and I woke up bright and early and headed to the church to send her off to girl's camp.  I thought she looked nervous...but I'm sure if you ask her, she wasn't even a little bit!  We pulling into the parking log, and she looks at all the girls with their stuff and grumbles, "I have WAY more stuff that all these girls!"  Turns out, they all took their stuff to a leaders house the night before! :D  They tossed her stuff into a trailer, and she settled in to wait until it was time to go.  I gave her a hug and a kiss, and waited until she was loaded into a car before I pulled out.  (Oh my heck...How do I have a child old enough to send away to Girl's Camp!?  Sigh.)


I went home, grabbed the clean clothes for the trailer, grabbed some tents, and then went to Rhoda's to pick up their bikes.  Then I headed back up to Kamas to join the rest of my family.  We enjoyed a tasty steak-n-taters dinner (Yum!) and roasted marshmallows over an excellent fire, courtesy of Dad...oh, and Michael, who spent the evening collecting fire wood to use.  Then he spent the rest of the night carrying around a giant log.  At one point, he told Spencer, "Look.  Now we an play 'Tater-totter'!" Lee and I laughed so hard!  ;D

No comments: