Sunday, June 27, 2010

Off-Roading...

I forgot to mention this in the post about camping! I took all the kids for a bike ride along the paved trail off the the side of the campground. We rode to the end of the trail, then looped around and headed back. I'm walking, Liam is on his trike, and all my kids are on 2-wheelers a ways ahead of me. As I'm catching up around a corner, Sydney screams, "SPENCER!!". I run to where she is standing in time to see him laying among the rocks and leaves several feet from the main trail, crying but not hurt. Apparently, he ran over a stick that "made his bike go all crazy" and he rode his bike off the road...right toward the little stream. If he had gone about 2 more feet, he'd have been downstream! Lucky for us, his survivor instinct kicked in, and he braked and laid his bike down. Scared him, but he wasn't hurt. Not even a skinned knee or elbow!

Whew! Mom would totally have jumped in the stream after him...and we'd have both been gone, since I can't swim either! :D

I guess we were both lucky today!

No comments: