Friday, June 11, 2010

Weddings...

Had a great time hanging with the wedding party yesterday. My cousin Kelly got married yesterday, to Nick; who I think is a great guy! We are a HUGE family, once you get down to cousins, so of course we don't all fit in a temple sealing room anymore! :D Anywho, Kelly's sister Steph has 7-month-old twin girls, and I volunteered to hang out at the temple and keep an eye on the cute babies during the wedding. (My 11-year-old thinks Kelly is "da bomb", so we'd have been there anyway...Kelly emails Sydney, pretty regularly, and Syd just thinks it's so cool to have someone to "talk like a grown-up" to. Adorable!)

Kelly looked fabulous...Nick looked quite dapper in his tux...and won major points in the "cool" department for wearing green and white striped leprechaun socks with his tux! (Right...'cause I'M the judge of cool?!) So proud of them for choosing the temple, and it was great to see them take that first of many big steps together!

Ah...Family. Isn't it great?

Well. Mine is.

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Um...she can't talk like a "grown up" to me? Pshh!

Tiffany McAlister said...

Um...no. You are too much like family. (Because, see, I'm very cool and she doesn't talk to me like a grown up!) While Kelly is also family, we don't see her as often, so it's really like having a girl friend.

Anonymous said...

Kelly looked beautiful in her wedding dress (AGAIN...!) and Nick looked like the happiest guy in the world. When you two read this, just know that I had NOTHING to do with trashing your car. I think that is the worst tradition EVER! I was SOOOOOOO mad when Tiff and I got married and we came outside to go to my car, only to find it completely covered with oreos smashed all over it and empty SPAM (oh, YUCK!) cans hanging under the bumper. Sorry, Nick... Maybe the honeymoon will take your mind off of the car for a little bit! ;-)

Kelly Jean said...

Ahhh. SO SWEET!!! Thanks Tiff!! I loved seeing you guys (as always!). Sydney is just the cutest girl ever, I love emailing with her!!

And haha, Lee - thanks for liking my "second" wedding dress too :) (And for not trashing our car! Except, they LOST-ified it, so we were actually kind of excited about the new decor..) Love you guys!!