Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sleepover fun!

Tory insisted that while he was off track he needed to have his cousin Josh sleep over. Well, we did one better than that! We invited Josh, Mily, and Wesley over to spend the night. After running around outside until (almost!) dark, they all came in. Josh and Tory built a tent...but I'm not sure if they actually ended up sleeping in it or not. Mily slept with Meg in a tent she built earlier yesterday. The three little boys (Spencer, Wesley, and Michael) sort of traveled a bit from room to room to find the best sleeping arrangement.

Sydney didn't make it home last night. Her friend Breanna, her BFFL (stands for "best friend for life" for most people, but I made them laugh one day when I said, "What? She's your best friend for licorice? Or maybe for lasagna?" And it stuck. That's what BFFL stands for now...one is licorice, and one is lasagna.) invited her to hang out yesterday. They went to Hollywood Connection, and then she went to watch Breanna play her game...soccer, or maybe flag football?...and then afterward they called me begging to let her sleep over. Now if you know me, you know I'm not fond of the "away" sleepover. In fact, we tried to have her come over here for a sleepover. But this particular friend lost her dad a few months back, and she just feels better at home with her family than she does when she's away. So I relented.

And I'm lame...I didn't even make pancakes with initials on them...We just had boring breakfast cereal...Bummer.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

They had lots of fun! Thanks again!