Thursday, June 24, 2010

Stage Fright...?

Not in this family! Yesterday Sydney had to get up and give her oral presentation of her Pearl Harbor history fair display. (Which, by the way, I was told I wasn't allowed to attend. I asked Syd to find out what time she'd be presenting so I could come watch, and her teacher told her parents weren't invited. Rude.) Anyway, she headed off to school with her display board, a quiz she made for the class to make sure they were paying attention, and her notes. As for props, she also had a flag that had been flown over the Pearl Harbor monument (you can buy them at the gift shop...that's where we bought it about 13 years ago!) along with the documentation to authenticate it and a photo album that Aunt Kendra passed along with pictures of Sydney's A-papa McAlister (that's what she used to call her great grandpa!) from when he fought in WWII. She said it was a hit! She graded the papers last night and took candy today to the people who did well.

I asked her if her teacher said anything...

"Yeah...She said it was the longest one so far!"

Surprised? Not me...

1 comment: